Dassault Systemes IoT Strategy: The Internet of Experiences
I like very much this point of views of the different levels and layers:
Dassault Systemes presented their view of the IoT/IIoT stack:
- Starting at the bottom are the connected things and systems of things which involve all of the connected objects like smart sensors, actuators, embedded hardware, cameras, etc. Also, this layer represents the actual design of the smart connected product/object.
- The next higher level is the M2M communication layer for terminal and gateway connections like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, RFID, and other forms of coded readers.
- Next is the network layer of LANS, Internet, broadcast TV, mobile communication networks.
- Next comes the IoT/IIoT data/platform layer. This represents the IoT platforms that enable business and manufacturing to design and architecture IoT ecosystems. IoT data/information is connected, computed, stored, analyzed, and managed. This would involve players like PTC, IBM Bluemix, MS Azure, Cisco, Xively, GE Predix, Bosch, and Oracle.
- On top of this stack is where DS wants to play: the experience or applications layer. This is would be the business applications layer for smart buildings, factories, energy, health, transportation, homes, and cities.
For the full article, follow the link: The Internet of Experiences0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
06/03/2016 / arnaudportet / 0